• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debugger detected - please close it down and restart
I have just bought Portrait Professional 4 softwear and installed it in my computer, but there is a problem.
Evrytime I try to import a picture into the softwear, a dialog box opens saying:
"Debugger detected - please close it down and restart"
and then the program shuts down.
O.S. windows XP has not been updated since it was bought some 4 years ago.
Can anyone help me please?

This is down to a bug in Nero Vision Express. The solution is to choose the Windows "start" button, then choose "run" and paste in this:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"
The reason this only seems to happen in Portrait Professional is that when our application displays the file open dialog we automatically select the windows thumbnail view, unlike most other applications.

That problem doesn't happen to me and I have Nero Vision Express, but then my XP has Service Pack 2 installed. Maybe SP2 makes a difference?

This problem just started happening to me today as well. I DO have nero express installed, however, I've had nero express installed for weeks with no issue. It was only TODAY after I opened my 2nd photo in a mass editing session that I started getting the error.

So my questions are:
1. Why did this error not appear until today? I was able to edit the first pic but when I went to browse for the second pic, I got the error?
2. What does your command line suggestion above actually DO? Will it affect nero express in some way? I paid good $ for that app!

Thanks for any advice.
Brandon

Same problem: I've bought the SW and now I can't use it. I've been able to use the purchased version only once. I don't have nero vision express.
When I'm looking for the image file to open it with pp, the message appears.

bmilner Wrote:So my questions are:
1. Why did this error not appear until today? I was able to edit the first pic but when I went to browse for the second pic, I got the error?
2. What does your command line suggestion above actually DO? Will it affect nero express in some way? I paid good $ for that app!
We have a lot more information about this problem now and we can easily answer these questions:

1. The error did not appear until today because you didn't browse to a particular directory containing those pictures that cause the problem until today.

2. the command line suggestion removes one of nero's active-x controls that is known to cause the problem. This may effect the way that nero works, but it doesn't appear to. I believe that particular nero component is a direct media codec for video playback, so it can be used for playing back video as well as effecting how some files display their thumbnails in windows.

To answer "Merce" above, this problem is not only caused by Nero. We have two other solutions. One is to simply drag and drop your pictures into Portrait Professional, and the other is to stop Portrait Professional displaying thumbnails when browsing for pictures. Both of these problems avoid using the built-in windows functionality for displaying thumbnails within Portrait Professional, and so the external software causing the problem is avoided.

More information is available from our faq about this problem:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...view&id=37

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology