• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before and After using PP 9
This is a before and after of a young lady using PP 9.
I am new to using a Green Screen but found that PP 9 works very sweet with it.
I love the hair controls in PP 9! I have found other neat tricks which I will share in my next post.
I can't wait until PP 10 is out. Can't imagine what else they can do to make this software any better.
Sharonbo        

Very impressed, is Green Screen a function in PP9 or a different program?

Paul-B Wrote:Very impressed, is Green Screen a function in PP9 or a different program?
Thank you for your compliment.
I use a green screen or it can be blue...as a backdrop. You can replace it with any background you want in your digital dark room or using FXhome software.
My biggest problem is green spill or reflection of the green onto the hair of the subject.
This is a lighting issue and I just have to keep working on it until I get it right!
I love it though...
Have a great day!
P.S. I love PP9!

Thanks for your prompt reply, I haven't experimented with this technique. There is a program called Green Screen Wizard I've seen online; not familiar with FXhome but will take a look. As to the lighting issues, I'm no expert but I guess two modelling lights from the side and one highlighting the hair from slightly behind the subject would minimise the green reflections? The rear spot would need a snood or something to control the spill.

Paul-B Wrote:Thanks for your prompt reply, I haven't experimented with this technique. There is a program called Green Screen Wizard I've seen online; not familiar with FXhome but will take a look. As to the lighting issues, I'm no expert but I guess two modelling lights from the side and one highlighting the hair from slightly behind the subject would minimise the green reflections? The rear spot would need a snood or something to control the spill.

I have tried the Wizard and did not care for it. FXhome Photokey works extremely well. I use the lite version, but they came out with pro 4 which I may purchase as an upgrade.
Thank you for the information concerning the lights. I will give it a try! Here is another photo I used (green screen) and PPS.

Have you heard when PP10 is coming out? I am wondering what new adds they will have in it. I have been using PP since it first came out.
You have any photos to share? I'd love to see them.

Sharonbo Wrote:
Paul-B Wrote:Thanks for your prompt reply, I haven't experimented with this technique. There is a program called Green Screen Wizard I've seen online; not familiar with FXhome but will take a look. As to the lighting issues, I'm no expert but I guess two modelling lights from the side and one highlighting the hair from slightly behind the subject would minimise the green reflections? The rear spot would need a snood or something to control the spill.

I have tried the Wizard and did not care for it. FXhome Photokey works extremely well. I use the lite version, but they came out with pro 4 which I may purchase as an upgrade.
Thank you for the information concerning the lights. I will give it a try! Here is another photo I used (green screen) and PPS.

Have you heard when PP10 is coming out? I am wondering what new adds they will have in it. I have been using PP since it first came out.

I'm now using the Photokey program and am impressed, but still have a lot to learn. Where do you source your backgrounds from?

Paul-B Wrote:
Sharonbo Wrote:

I'm now using the Photokey program and am impressed, but still have a lot to learn. Where do you source your backgrounds from?

Hi Paul,
I find a lot of free high resolution photos on the net. When you order FX, you will also get free photos with it. Most of mine however are from searching on the net.
You can also use your own photos as backdrops. Any photo can be inserted in the backdrop.
When you do a photo...I'd love to see it! I plan on getting over to my studio and trying the green screen with my model much farther away from it. I am going to try...10ft.
Have a great day! And...Merry Christmas!

Hi Sharonbo,

I'm very impressed with your editing and the second shot you inserted is fantastic. A wonderful model also.

I recently took some shots of my grand daughter (reluctantly on her side), but she eventually came around and was well pleased at Christmas when she say the results on the PC. I have been having printer problems - not as good as I would like, so may need to upgrade to something more appropriate now that I am more into photography.

I only purchased PP yesterday so still at the 'playing around with sliders' stage. Will post something when I'm happy with results.

Good luck

Malcolm
Serious About Photography - Alexam Images

Alexam Wrote:Hi Sharonbo,

I'm very impressed with your editing and the second shot you inserted is fantastic.  A wonderful model also.

I recently took some shots of my grand daughter (reluctantly on her side), but she eventually came around and was well pleased at Christmas when she say the results on the PC.  I have been having printer problems - not as good as I would like, so may need to upgrade to something more appropriate now that I am more into photography.

I only purchased PP yesterday so still at the 'playing around with sliders' stage. Will post something when I'm happy with results.

Good luck

Malcolm

Thank you Malcom...this is my granddaughter also! However, she loves to model for me..so pretty easy to get some decent shots of her. :-)
You will love PP9. It is wonderful! You just have to work a bit with it to make sure you don't go overboard with older people.
:-)
It is to easy to make them look unnatural.
I have even used the eye application on PP9 for animals. Just to brighten them up a bit. :-)
One thing to remember is: You don't have to use everything on PP9.
Sometimes just a small tweak on the skin and n on the eyes. I never use the nose or lip application, or at least very little.
I do use the whitening on the teeth though.
You are going to have fun! Please do share once you get going.
I can't wait to see your photos.
My best,
Sharon