• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion please
Hi macs mom,

I would say you did a fine job on this portrait.  I like the choice of background with the shadows, which fits the obvious type of light being from a window.  The detail of this background is a bit sharper than the portrait, so "fuzzing" it a bit would make it less vivid.  The darker one would be my choice.

Another suggestion would to be to crop the photo at the bottom just above the apron--so it wouldn't look like an apron.  Then if you were to remove the apron straps in PS [or equivalent] noone would wonder what the blue lines were.

Since you asked for opinions, and we're all learning here, may I make a comment about the pose?  In lofty portrait circles [where I don't live]it's better to not allow the nose to break the cheek line or the far eye.  In this case you could have turned her head to her left a bit, still showing the far eyelash, and have a nice profile view.  Or she could have turned to her right a little so her nose would be within her cheek.  You've already got a great portrait here, so these are just some thoughts about the pose.  If you ever wanted to re-enact this you could also try the profile idea with her eyes slightly aloft for a totally different feel.

Amen, I agree that this is a great program.  Take care.

Messages In This Thread
opinion please - macs mom - 02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
RE: opinion please - johnabe - 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
RE: opinion please - macs mom - 02-09-2010, 01:39 AM