• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New use for PP
I had a friend the other day wondering what she would look like if she was in her mid 50's.  She said she knew I could take a few years off of her, but could I turn the hands of time forward?  I thought...hmmm...I don't know.  I took her to 55 and 75.

I knew that from working with PP that I could wash the color out of ones hair to the point of grey...so I thought...well that's a good place to start....so I took the picture in and started experimenting...sure enough...the hair worked out well...but, I also was able to use the nose shape tool to elongate the nose (one's ears and nose never stop growing.)  I also used the mouth controls to thin the lips (and pale them out) and the expression control to give the mouth a more down turn.  Also, using the shadow and contrast features let me give a slightly harsher overall look to the face.  After such a great start...I was then able to do the finishing saggy skin adds in my paint program.  Can't wait for the body sculpting features of the PP...then I can hunch up her body....

Anyone else tried anything else like this?  I would love to hear the features you used and what was the outcome!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear Mac's Mom,
You did a great job aging your friend.  Very well done.  You may have lost a friend in the process, but you did it artisticly!  You could call this "reverse enhancing."  You probably don't want to offer this service unless it is requested!  Now let's see if you can make the same friend look 17!

You asked for it...here it is...back to 17..sorry about the hair...not very good with drawing in hair.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

macs mom Wrote:I had a friend the other day wondering what she would look like if she was in her mid 50's.  She said she knew I could take a few years off of her, but could I turn the hands of time forward?  I thought...hmmm...I don't know.  I took her to 55 and 75.

I knew that from working with PP that I could wash the color out of ones hair to the point of grey...so I thought...well that's a good place to start....so I took the picture in and started experimenting...sure enough...the hair worked out well...but, I also was able to use the nose shape tool to elongate the nose (one's ears and nose never stop growing.)  I also used the mouth controls to thin the lips (and pale them out) and the expression control to give the mouth a more down turn.  Also, using the shadow and contrast features let me give a slightly harsher overall look to the face.  After such a great start...I was then able to do the finishing saggy skin adds in my paint program.  Can't wait for the body sculpting features of the PP...then I can hunch up her body....

Anyone else tried anything else like this?  I would love to hear the features you used and what was the outcome!

Hi Macs Mom,

what a great idea and so well done. Even the other way. I'm not at your level yet, but give me a few weeks and I will try and post something her once I learn how to do that.

What size does it need to be to post these pictures, or is there a thread on it, as I've not looked yet?

Malcolm
Serious About Photography - Alexam Images