• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor service and major bug in PP studio
(01-18-2014, 05:35 PM)sjpobox Wrote: its still not resolved.. I have had it for 6 months now and love it when it works.. now I am looking for a refund and new product because I cant be locked out when I have deadlines..

Just wondering, did you install this software on two computers? Unless you have two activation which you obtained from support, PP will continue to lock you out. So, you must stick to just one computer and if you need additional activation, talk to support. I am sure they are more than happy to come out with a solution for you.

(08-29-2008, 10:51 PM)Joanncyr Wrote: I didn't know you could download PP off a website. I thought you could only download the "trial version". Can you provide the link to download from a website? I ordered PP 3 weeks ago from the US and still have not received it...or had ANY emails answered. Does this business still exist. They don't even reply on their OWN forum!

WHATS GOING ON ANTHROPICS?!!

JoAnn Cyr
Vermont, USA

Here is where I bought the studio version, right off the website: http://studio.portraitprofessional.com/

Select Buy now. Just use a credit card. Be sure to copy and right down your activation code. Since you won't have a CD, make sure you back up your installer and activation code.

You should also get confirmation emails.

This worked flawlessly for me.

(04-14-2009, 09:33 AM)admin Wrote: Hi,

When Breno said this was due to an ip address change causing Portrait Professional to request activation again he was wrong. He meant to say it was the "hardware fingerprint" of your computer that must be changing. The hardware fingerprint should only change if something big happens to your computer, like you change your CPU, or some other major change of your computer. However occasionally we do come across somebody with this problem, among the thousands of people who do not have any problems. Could it be that your computer has two different CPU's because that could cause this?

Tony

Question, I installed on a new computer and hopefully the computer will last me a few years, but I may move to a larger Solid State drive, currentlyonly have a 500 Meg SSD and but as SSD get bigger and prices drop I would eventually move to a 1 or 2 TB SSD. I probably will use Acronis True Image to move to the larger drive when I do. It will be the same Computer and Processor, only a Drive size increase, I noticed the finger print includes drive space and Memory, I am currently at 16 Gigs of memory but plan to add two more 8 Gig memory cards taking my system to 32 Gigs of on board memory.

Can I expect these changes to go smoothly or will I have to call Tech Support.

Also my system in running Windows 8, but I am getting the reminder bar every day or so to upgrade to Windows 8.1 at the urge of Microsoft. If I were to do this, this is a whole new OS upgrade. Will this go smoothly?

Sorry to include this in the poor service thread. So far I have not had to deal with service support. I am new to PP12, and just joined the forum to see what I might learn about the software.

Hi Mark K,

It's worth contacting the Support team and let them know that you are looking to change your SSD or updating to Windows 8 so that they can look at your license details and ensure that you have an activation available for your Portrait Pro license when re-installing it.

You can send a ticket to our Support team here: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit

(07-21-2014, 03:25 PM)AngAT Wrote: Hi Mark K,

It's worth contacting the Support team and let them know that you are looking to change your SSD or updating to Windows 8 so that they can look at your license details and ensure that you have an activation available for your Portrait Pro license when re-installing it.

You can send a ticket to our Support team here: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit

Thanks