• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where do you get prints
I agree with everything you said....a lot of folks get freaked by having to buy more than 3 colors and a black cartridge....but if you want to fully appreciate the nuances of your images....get a good quality printer that is designed for image printing only. Mine uses the archival ink....am getting a pigment ink printer for my birthday...with more black ink choices....I can't stress getting devices and software for setting up your calibrations and color profiles....and use more than one monitor....because one will always be a better match with the printer for comparison than the other....like the above member said...initial start up with printer may be a bit of a pinch....but the later cost is reasonable...and your output is well worth it. An all in one printer is fine for text and simple image printing....not good for quality prints.....and I can't again stress what the right choice of paper can do for your special images.....another hint...if you don't use your printer every day....remove the inks after your runs and put the protective strips back on the cartridge heads....then close all the dust covers on the printer...mine will close up all openings..(if you are printing the next day...close up or cover the printer).....dust and ink....do not make for happy printing....

Messages In This Thread
RE: where do you get prints - Kat999 - 05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
RE: where do you get prints - Kat999 - 05-27-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: where do you get prints - Kat999 - 05-28-2011, 05:37 AM
RE: where do you get prints - Sitting Elf - 05-28-2011, 05:59 PM
RE: where do you get prints - Kat999 - 05-28-2011, 11:49 PM
RE: where do you get prints - Picturesque - 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
RE: where do you get prints - aadison - 12-19-2011, 06:33 AM