• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which movies have you seen many times?
admin Wrote:Some posts (like one here) have a signature that is just plain text.  Plain text is not useful to spammers because no-one (and most importantly google) don't know which site they are talking about, so I've not been so bothered about them.  

Tony

I gave this a little thought and think I may have a reason why they post odd text in the sig.

Spammers manually post ( not likely ) or use automated scripts / software.
A spammer spams 10,000 forums a week with a link, good chance a forum ban and maybe ISP BAN. OR
A spammer spams 10,000 forums a week with an odd text sig, some forums ban and other forums let it go ( like this forum ).

Spammer waits for the forums to get googled. Now they just google the strange text sig to see what forums they are still a member of and didn't get banned from. Here comes the links in the sigs. They just visit the forums, change the text sig to a LINK sig. More than likely the post dropped down so the admin won't notice the change but search engines will pick up the link.

I also have a theory on the spammer tag team. One spammer makes a post then another spammer post shows up later with an answer or comment but there's a link in the text or sig. I might go into detail on this later but it's getting late and I gotta go to bed. The Packers are playing tomorrow and they are gonna win. Yes, I'm a Wisconsin Cheesehead lol Smile

Messages In This Thread
Which movies have you seen many times? - mariazero1 - 11-07-2009, 11:05 AM
RE: Which movies have you seen many times? - KDM - 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM