• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Precious
Hi zole,

You ask an interesting question, ie, the first step in editing photos in pp. Not sure whether what I am doing is common for most people.
1. Ensure that the facial outline is reasonably accurately, I mean not ridiculously out. In version 11, it is possible to change interactively which is very neat! Experiment with this.
2. If you notice "strange stubborn" colour on the face which PP refuses to change when you play with the colour slider or Skin Smoothing Control, make sure that you check the skin area.
3. I would normally adjust the colour before I started to work on Skin Smoothing. I also make sure that Face Sculpt Control is adjusted to what the client (or I) want.
4. After Skin Smoothing is applied, use the Touch Up Brush to finish off those finer areas where PP left out. I never use a strength more than 20. Always use Restore Brush to clean up areas where you (or PP) have overdone. Brush strength is similar to Opacity in PS.

Sometimes, I slide the Master Fade just to see whether the image looks better at different sensitivity.

I hope the above helps. The only way to learn is to use it and you will be learning new thing everyday.

Messages In This Thread
My Precious - zole - 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: My Precious - williamting - 12-07-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: My Precious - zole - 12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: My Precious - williamting - 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
RE: My Precious - BCook - 12-07-2012, 09:02 PM
RE: My Precious - williamting - 12-08-2012, 03:59 AM