• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comments?
Good comments and nice job on the retouch.

I generally leave it up to the customer. As William might guess, the last person I did (if you don't count my wife) said to retouch but to make sure it was "still her"--not to "go over the top". So I gave her my best guess (reducing blemishes and problem areas but not completely wiping them out). When she saw what I had done, she liked it and her mother wanted to know why I didn't make it smoother (she had some acne problems on her forehead and some small scared areas below the eyes). So, she asked me to smooth it out some more. (that's when I found out it would be nice if the plug-in version had the ability to save a file to open back up later). Then I fixed it up approaching (what I call) the "Cosmo Look" (a reference to that magazine that has been airbrushing females for decades).

In the end, 5 years, 10 years, whatever...it's really what the customer wants. Sometimes, a female (more often than male) would like to see how close they come to matching that "Cosmo Look" they've had thrust in their faces for their whole life. But back to the comment, I can quickly agree to the nice, pretty--even slightly sexy look--in the OP's image sitting on the mantle but still containing some of the "history" that has made her what she is today. She certainly has some very nice eyes and an overall look that is very nice. Whatever age she actually is, she should feel blessed.

PS: I think I've ruined (spoiled) my wife. Now, it's hard to do any photos that will be seen by others without "tweaking" something. At 14 years my junior, you'd think she wouldn't be worried so much Wink.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Messages In This Thread
Comments? - photorp - 02-19-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Comments? - photoprofx - 02-19-2012, 03:04 AM
RE: Comments? - photorp - 02-19-2012, 03:10 AM
RE: Comments? - vedwardsphotography - 02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Comments? - williamting - 02-19-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Comments? - photorp - 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: Comments? - Slynky - 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM