• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade offer
I have a couple of comments about the Portrait Professional upgrade offer. I tried to find an alternate means of delivering these comments but the web site doesn’t appear to offer any direct access to company officials.

I own a copy of Portrait professional Studio for which I paid the same price as the current discount offer. You are offering new buyers the Studio 64 upgrade for $120 which is $60 more than the Studio option now. At the same time, you are offering me, an existing customer, an upgrade option for the Studio 64 for a price of $70. Your marketing department seems to have lost sight of the fact that existing customers are valuable and that the customary standard is to offer them a discount for upgrades. In this case, I would be happy to upgrade for $50. Note that I have been a customer less than a year.

One other perspective I would like to share concerns your marketing statements that suggest that Studio 64 is chiefly targeting professional photographers. In my case, I am a retired guy for whom photography is a hobby. I have just ordered a Nikon D800 which has a 36 megapixel sensor that produces RAW images around 75 Mb. I am chiefly interested in the Studio 64 upgrade because of concerns about my ability to use your software with images the D800 will produce. As a retiree, I live on a fixed income so a $20 shift in the cost of an upgrade ($50 instead of $70) is a big deal.

I look forward to hearing from someone and trust the upgrade offer will continue to be honored until I receive a response.

Me too... a retiree. Every dollar count. But I do sell some of my photos to support my hobby and give my family a treat every now and then.

With a D800, you definitely need a 64 version! I resisted upgrading now but not sure how long I can resist this.

Perhaps PP can consider giving existing user a very special offer for 64 bit upgrade.

Hi,

although I do tend to agree that the upgrade price for the 64 bit version is a bit steep for what if offers compared to the studio version, I´m not sure I can follow you on your 20$ remark.

You just ordered a camera for several thousand $ but 20 bucks make a big difference for you?

Interesting - MacSass

(02-19-2012, 04:07 AM)CoastGuy Wrote: ... I have just ordered a Nikon D800 which has a 36 megapixel sensor that produces RAW images around 75 Mb. I am chiefly interested in the Studio 64 upgrade because of concerns about my ability to use your software with images the D800 will produce. As a retiree, I live on a fixed income so a $20 shift in the cost of an upgrade ($50 instead of $70) is a big deal.

I agree that the $20s is a minor issue. It is more symbolic about how the company perceives customers. Acquiring new customers appears to be a higher priority so they are offered a more attractive purchase offer.

It is a big deal for me because their pricing structure says new customers are more important and that offends me.

I plan to continue to use my older camera for portraits and side step the upgrade issue until the marketing departments figures out existing customers are also important and that is reflected in their upgrade offers.

(02-25-2012, 01:59 AM)MacSass Wrote: Hi,

although I do tend to agree that the upgrade price for the 64 bit version is a bit steep for what if offers compared to the studio version, I´m not sure I can follow you on your 20$ remark.

You just ordered a camera for several thousand $ but 20 bucks make a big difference for you?

Interesting - MacSass

(02-19-2012, 04:07 AM)CoastGuy Wrote: ... I have just ordered a Nikon D800 which has a 36 megapixel sensor that produces RAW images around 75 Mb. I am chiefly interested in the Studio 64 upgrade because of concerns about my ability to use your software with images the D800 will produce. As a retiree, I live on a fixed income so a $20 shift in the cost of an upgrade ($50 instead of $70) is a big deal.