Portrait Pro Forums
Come on....let's get serious about spam! - Printable Version

+- Portrait Pro Forums (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General chit chat (https://forum.portraitprofessional.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Come on....let's get serious about spam! (/showthread.php?tid=1852)

Come on....let's get serious about spam! - Kat999 - 08-03-2011

I pulled up the "new" posts today....an entire page of them....problem is...they are all spam. I'm so sick of this....this forum is becoming a pain instead of a pleasure.....DO SOMETHING!

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - yklee - 08-04-2011

agree with this totally.

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - Skids - 08-04-2011

I have unsubscribed from the mailing list because of all the crap I was receiving.

It is a joke, there are now about 3 pages of Spam!

I know it must be a nightmare for Admins but have they just given up now?

This is the worst forum I have seen for Spam and it could be managed better I don't see it get this bad on other forums and I know filters can be put in to place to reduce it.

Edit : Its more like at least 8 pages and looking at random spammers they are not being banned. Somebody needs to get a handle on this before they lose loyal customers, I only come on here now if I absolutely have to.

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - tebogan - 08-04-2011

If you would help by reporting the offending posts, it would help us tremendously.
Smile

Skids Wrote:I have unsubscribed from the mailing list because of all the crap I was receiving.

This is the worst forum I have seen for Spam and it could be managed better I don't see it get this bad on other forums and I know filters can be put in to place to reduce it.

Edit : Its more like at least 8 pages and looking at random spammers they are not being banned. Somebody needs to get a handle on this before they lose loyal customers, I only come on here now if I absolutely have to.

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - tebogan - 08-10-2011

We have some new tools that we are using to slow down the spam. It is not perfect, but better than what we had.
If you see a spam post, please report it so that it can be handled quickly.

Thanks
TEB

(08-04-2011, 11:22 PM)tebogan Wrote: If you would help by reporting the offending posts, it would help us tremendously.
Smile

Skids Wrote:I have unsubscribed from the mailing list because of all the crap I was receiving.

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - yklee - 08-10-2011

much appreciated.

RE: Come on....let's get serious about spam! - tebogan - 08-10-2011

Thanks for noticing.

Please report spam that gets by and it will be eliminated ASAP.

TEB